Dr. Jack Simmons
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Armstrong Atlantic State University
Student Research Project
Class: Interdisciplinary Ethics 2000
4. Three separate sections of Ethics 2000 will participate in this process. Each section will develop its own survey instrument. The survey instrument and results will be posted below as Survey #1, Survey #2 and Survey #3, as they are completed.
When would you be more likely to use a train connecting Savannah, Macon and Atlanta?
- During the week.
- Over the weekend.
Would you ride a train from Savannah to Macon or Atlanta if the cost was the same as driving your car?
How often would you use a train from Savannah to Atlanta?
- Twice a year
- Once a year
A passenger train connecting Savannah, Macon and Atlanta would improve tourism in these cities.
A passenger train connecting Savannah, Macon and Atlanta would improve business in these cities.
Improved passenger trains in Georgia would conserve energy.
Train travel is more dangerous than traveling by car.
Train travel is more dangerous than traveling by airplane.
1. During the week: 22
2. Yes: 117
3. Never: 20
Twice a year: 49
Once a year: 32
4. True: 148
5. True: 149
6. True: 138
7. True: 15
8. True: 30
1. How often would you use a passenger train from Savannah to Atlanta?
b. 1 - 3 times per year
c. 4 - 9 times per year
d. 10+ times per year
2. During which of these days would you be more likely to ride a train between Savannah and Atlanta?
3. Would you ride a train between Savannah and Atlanta knowing it costs the same as driving your car?
4. The safest form of travel between Savannah and Atlanta is:
5. Which of these is a more energy efficient means of transportation between Savannah and Atlanta?
6. Would a passenger train between Savannah and Atlanta create business opportunities in Georgia?
7. Would passenger rail between Savannah and Atlanta improve tourism in Georgia?
8. Would you travel by train between Savannah and Atlanta if you could arrive in 2 hours?
Results of Survey #2
1. Never: 45
1 - 3 times per year: 70
4 - 9 times per year: 36
10+ times per year: 8
2. Weekdays: 16
3. Yes: 98
4. Bus: 6
5. Bus: 9
6. Yes: 144
7. Yes: 147
8. Yes: 91
1. Woud a passenger train from Savannah to Macon to Atlanta improve existing business conditions by providing a larger consumer base?
Results of Survey #3
1. Yes: 124
2. Yes: 109
3. Yes: 120
4. Weekly: 18
5. Weekends: 93
6. Yes: 129
7. Yes: 133
8. Car: 14
9. Yes: 132